SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bibliomom

Best Integrated DW for Lots of Pots & Pans?

bibliomom
12 years ago

When we remodeled the kitchen last year we installed FP Dish Drawers. Then we made a snap, last minute-decision to *also* keep our 9-year old Bosch for pots and pans and it's worked out pretty well. But now the Bosch has given up the ghost and we need to replace it. (We knew it was coming and went ahead and bought the matching Ikea dishwasher panel to store in the garage.)

I like the FP drawers for the dishes, but I *really* like having a full size dishwasher for pots, pans, and the occasional big family cook-a-thons. The Mieles look fabulous, but they also look a little ... short. I need to be able to fit big mixing bowls, stock pots, ladles and casseroles in there *way* more than I need to fit in 200 dessert plates.

I also need it to be quiet, sit flush, and take an integrated front - which rules out the Kitchen Aid, if I understand correctly.

I don't mind paying for the Miele if it's the best option, but I'm concerned that it's a) overkill and b) not going to hold sheet pans and skillets the way the Bosch did. I know it's an amazing dishwasher, but I'm not really using it for "dishes" - I feel like I'm buying a delicate little paring knife to chop wood.

I'm going take some of my bigger pans down to the appliance store and see if they'll fit. In the mean time, anyone have some first hand knowledge about Mieles and large pots and pans? Or any sort of brilliant suggestion for what the perfect dishwasher for this situation would be? Like, "Doesn't matter if you're washing a *pony*, the Miele's the best," or "You'll never fit that giant KA mixing bowl, three sheet pans, two cutting boards *and* your food processor - pick something else."

Sorry I'm so scatter-brained - the fool thing would die while I have four spare children sleeping over and desperately need it ...

Comments (8)