SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
honeychurch_gw

integrated panel-ready DW advice?

honeychurch
14 years ago

I've been going back and forth on this for a while and had been leaning toward the new Bosch 800+, but saw the inside racks and it just looks so small--we are a family of 5 (3 growing boys) and I just couldn't see fitting our Fiestaware and 9x13 baking dishes and corningware in there all at once like I do now with my old KA (came with the house). So I've been leaning back toward the KA Superba EQ, but a dealer told me the machine is deeper than the European models and may "stick out" with a panel. She suggested recessing the wall to accomodate the extra depth.

I don't have an open floor plan, so anything less than 50db will probably be fine.

I have a whole house water softener so don't need one in the DW.

Should I look at Miele, or are the racks just as small as the Bosch? Which model--there seem to be about 200!

Is the Bosch as small in use as it appears? Can you really fit cookie sheets and stuff in it? Has anyone ever recessed a larger DW to get that flush look? Are there any other brands I should be looking at (Thermador maybe)? I really don't want to spend much more than $1500, certainly less than $2000.

Thanks!

Comments (26)