SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nina0924

Building a home .. need some advice

nina0924
13 years ago

Hi.. I am new to this forum. If this is a repeat question I apologize. Just send me in the right direction.. Thank you in advance!

So, here it is.. We are building a home for the first time and and can't make up our minds on the exterior door color of our home and counter top color for our kitchen.

We have chosen to do sandstone colored vinyl with black shutters a black door. We really like this look and have seen it around town. However, a friend of mine suggested going with a winestone colored door to break up the colors on the front of the home. According to her, winestone is such a subtle color that it wouldn't pop like a red door (which we don't want and have had before). Somewhat intrigued by her suggestion, but we haven't seen many homes with that combination. Thoughts?

As for the countertop for our kitchen.. We have chosen to go with a Maple Cognac color. My DH is leaving it up to me to choose the color granite for the counter top, but I am torn between a Giallo Veneziano and Tropical Brown. I like how the Giallo Veneziano brightens up the room, but I also like how Tropical Brown warms it up. We have stainless steel appliances and nickel faucets. The flooring will be hardwoods (gunstock). The kitchen will have an island in the middle so there will be a lot of granite to view. Kitchen opens up and flows right into the family room where I will have dark leather brown couches and decorate with hues of green, yellow, brown, beige and hints of white. So, which color granite top would you go with??

Thanks again!!

Comments (3)