SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lotodig

New HP desktop delivered today

lotodig
15 years ago

Right now I am going to let it sit for a few days to acclimate to room temperature, it was like a hunk of ice when it was delivered.

It has--

Vista Ultimate w/Service Pk 1 (64-bit)

Intel Core 2 Duo processor 3.0GHz

4GH DDR2-800MHz duel channel SDRAM 4x1024

750GB 7200 rpmSATA 3Gb/s hard drive

My question is this, is there any advice, warning, caution, or general help anyone would like to offer in my effort to set up and transfer all my files and info from old computer (windows xp) to new system. There is a program already installed on Vista called "WET" (Windows Easy Transfer), with a printed flyer giving pretty detailed instructions.

I may be in way over my head hear, but maybe if I take it very slow and cautious, I will be alright, or should I not try it and try to find someone that can do all that.

I know you guys and gals have probably done this set up and transfer thing many times but this will be a first for me.

Another question I have already is, -- I have the new Photoshop 7 that has to be installed on the Vista. Right now I have Photoshop 5 installed on my Windows xp. Should I install the Photoshop 7 program on the new Vista BEFORE I do any transfer from Windows xp and the Photoshop 5 program. Will the files even transfer to a newer program??

Thanks in advance for any suggestions....or any of those helpful connections to information sites.

Comments (8)