SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jugo_gw

Beverage center question--Kitchen Aid? Others

jugo
14 years ago

We're looking to include a 24 inch undercounter beverage center in our kitchen remodel. We were originally thinking of a 24" wine captain, but then realized how attached we had become to the undercounter fridge that was here when we moved in, and we don't have room for both. One of the main things we currently use it for is bottled beer. I've been surprised to find that many of the beverage centers don't have shelves that can accommodate normal sized beer bottles, standing upright, and seem to be designed mainly for cans. We recently found the GE Monogram bev center, the top shelf of which can partially slide back, to allow for beer bottles. (Side note: it also has the button that controls the translucency of the glass--toggles b/w dark and transparent. Neat parlor trick, but not sure all that useful...) From the few pics I can find on the web, it looks like the Kitchen Aid bev center may also be able to fit them, but I can't tell for sure (the photos and official info on the Kitchen Aid site are not exactly exhaustive). Am I right about the KA Bev Center? Are there any others out there that I'm missing? Thanks in advance.

Comment (1)