SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justme4now

i hate networking (lol) 8-)

justme4now
14 years ago

I have posted this on several 'high tech' forums and have received no responses.

I am guessing that maybe it's because .. as I said at the end .. "It's Vista"!

Or maybe .. I'm just a blabbering idiot who isn't able to clearly state the problem? LOL

Maybe, just maybe, someone here has run into and been able to solve this very same problem?

I can usually find an answer to most pc related problems but when it comes to networking fiasco's .. This one has my number!

Well .. Here Goes:

P.S. Please ignore the a$$ words in the post.

I was a Little upset at the time.

==========================

I Know that Vista has and I guess, "Always Will Have" problems with network connections but .. It has gotten ridiculous lately.

My pc is a Vista home premium 64bit and is on a Netgear WG111v2 adapter.

An XP in another room is hooked up to the DSL modem and Netgear router.

For a year, I have tried every work-around to fix the well known problem of Vista losing it's connection when coming out of sleep mode!

I Have been able to get it to .. "Sometimes" wake up and search for a connection without me having to go through the pain in the a$$ manual connection setup. (Notice I said Sometimes? lol)

The problem is .. 'When It Does' wake up and search on it's own .. It always latches on to some weak a$$ signal from a neighbors Belkin wifi!

I then have to Right Click on the connection icon on the task-bar, disconnect from the Belkin and then manually connect to the Netgear signal!

The funny part (NOT) is that my Netgear signal is Always the strongest signal while the Belkin is Always the weak a$$ one!?

Damn adapter picks up Every weak signal in the neighborhood but it Always latches on to the damn Belkin!

(To be honest .. It will sometimes latch onto one of the other 4 or 5 weak a$$ signals in the neighborhood)

I can't find any way to delete or hide the other 4 or 5 weak signals that this thing sees?

Guess I'm just venting here because .. I'm kinda guessing that this is a Forever problem .. After All .. It Is Vista! 8(

(Drivers are up to date)

Thanks for listening everyone.

Comments (5)