SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southerncanuck

I hate acronyms, is it just me?

southerncanuck
11 years ago

I found this forum by accident today. I'm usually over on the Home forums. I have looked through a few threads and think it's a great way to pass some time waiting for the snow to melt so I can get out on the golf course or out on the lake in the boat. Last year had 4 rounds under my belt by now.

For many reasons we haven't had internet at home for over 10 years. The biggest difference I have found besides all the new social networking is the use by acronyms by both young and old. I'm told by the kids I'm just old fashioned, I never thought I'd ever be called old fashioned. I have no idea what someone is trying to say. I think we are losing the ability to use our words, laziness is another factor I believe. If I can't get my point across without telling someone when it's time to laugh out load, I really haven't done a very good job explaining myself IMHO, LOL, BTW.

I remember my Nana telling me back a very long time ago when I was learning to read and write not to be lazy and write the words can not, would not, must not, are not, for example. I try to read one of the kids tweets and it does not resemble any language I know of, human or alien.

MIAH, (am I alone here?) LOL, (lazy old lummox).

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!