SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sapphires_gw

Avast and AVG 9 issues with browser speed... help.

sapphires
14 years ago

Hi,

Using MS XP IE7 (I never use), FF 3.5.5 and current Chrome.

**I never had a problem....until**

I uninstalled AVG 8, downloaded and installed current AVG 9 version. Perfect during the process. THEN all 3 browsers were super slow. Uninstalled AVG 9 and browser is SUPER FAST. Now, of course I can't be unprotected so I downloaded and installed AVAST Ver. 4.8 Home Ed. 091127-1 Also came with it a seprerate blue ball that has a i and is VRDB. Do I need that?

When AVG 9 was installed and I tried to surf the internet the CPU showed no activity.

There was some type of msg that Avast and Zone Alarm were incapable and followed the directions to set up browser to work with WebShield transpracy turned off. When i did that I couldn't go anywhere! So undid that and now when the grandkids want to play their games. I have to disable Avast or their games won't load.

What other good (not a hog) anti-virus is out there. OR what can I do to resolve issue. Cable came out and ran tests, my signals are perfect with the cable company.

Please help. I don't want to be unprotected ever, but need to be able to go from website to website without waiting forever or not getting there at all. Thanks.

Comments (4)