SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momtoblondie_gw

Floor Plan Challenge . . . Is there one for me?

momtoblondie
13 years ago

I highly doubt I will ever find a plan that I like. I realize that I will eventually have one drafted to my specifications but I cant believe that I can find one that comes close to what I want. Hmmmm, maybe I need a reality check . . . but I am having a hard time believing my needs are that out there. I have plenty of time but would like to have all my ducks in a row before we even remotely begin this process for the second time. The first build was a learning experience to say the least . . . I know what I want and what I do not want this time around. So here we go, I am hoping someone out there has stumbled upon a plan that I can get excited about. Here is what WE would like . . .

We are a young family of 4 (in the midwest

House size between 2500-3000sq ft (give or take)

SIMPLE roof lines. I was just in a two story house that I liked and it was a simple gable roof . . . that is it. Right now we have so much money tied up in our over the top roof lines. I would much rather put the money into the guts of the house . . . something I can actually enjoy.

No basement - we want a slab

would like a 2 story, 3 bedrooms(ALL bedrooms up)

Main floor laundry, as I spend most of my days in the kitchen (perhaps a laundry shoot would be nice)

Need a large mudroom off the garage with bathroom, lockers, laundry, etc. I cant believe how much time we spend in our mudroom now. I need BIGGER! Its like the nerve center of our home.

Kitchen with island (I like free standing islands) that we can fit 4 or more at. )I really love the U shaped kitchens with the large islands in the middle)

walk in pantry.

NO formal dining. Dining off the kitchen please, but as of now we have our dining table WAY to close to our island. WAY to many chairs in one area so I would like them more separated if that makes sense.

Living room separated or at least a bit private from the kitchen dining area. We have a VERY open floor plan right now and we do not like it. Im tired of trying to listen to the TV or have a conversation when someone is doing stuff in the kitchen.

Private foyer. As of now we have a small foyer when you walk in to the house you can see practically every room. I would like a separate room or a wall that blocks the views of the entire house.

An office/bedroom with a bathroom on the main floor would be nice, but not a necessity. Well the bathroom yes, but the office/bedroom not a necessity.

Screened in porch.

Some sort of bonus room/extra room. I understand as my children grow and have friends over they would not like to be in my presence ;-)

Hmmm, I suppose I could go on and on with the little things but the above referenced items are pretty concrete "wants" at least in my mind.

So has anyone seen anything that would be in the running?!?!

Thanks so much for your time and consideration.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths