SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peggross1

Have you cooked a Turkey in your Miele Wall Oven?

peggross1
15 years ago

I've been living with my new kitchen for a few months, and am at this moment roasting my first chicken in my Miele H4881 BP wall oven as a sort of trial run before I have to cook a Turkey dinner for 15 adults and 6 kids on Thanksgiving! (Per a "recipe" I found doing a search on this forum I am cooking the chicken on autoroast at 375 degrees for about an hour, using the rack and roasting pan on the 1st rung - fingers are crossed that dinner will be properly cooked and delicious!)

I'm still VERY insecure about my new oven and would love some advice from an experienced Miele owner. I've had less than wonderful experiences so far, trying to use the probe and using Masterchef for a steak (steak was raw and then it seemed properly done, but was very tough on the edges - not good for an expensive porterhouse cut!)

I plan to order a fresh turkey that will be 18-20 pounds. We'd like to sit down to eat around 4pm.

Any and all experiences and advice will be greatly appreciated, especially regarding successfully cooking and timing a turkey!

(Anyone know of a cookbook that might exist for a Miele oven?)

Comments (6)