SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abrshafer_gw

Second draft floorplans. Opinions please!!!

abrshafer
11 years ago

This is the second draft my designer has sent me. She said that she wanted my approval of the first floor before she updates the second floor....

I know the garage is very prominent. However, due to lot elevation (basement lot-- I have to have at front of lot)and subdivision restrictions(has to be side entry opposite main traffic flow, etc) this is where the garage has to go...

I would love any feedback. This is my first reaction of updated floorplan:

1. Family room to narrow for furniture and main traffic flow to staircase. I'm thinking about having designer move staircase to where current laundry room is located but I don't know where I would move laundry room... Dimensions are hard to see but are 19'0 X 18'5

2. Kitchen. I just don't care for layout. It seems to open up to much to hallway. I did want it to have direct access to dining room but otherwise I want lots of counter and cabinet space. Dimensions are 16'2 x 12.

3. Breakfast nook to narrow: It looks like if I had chairs out at the table there would be no walking space around table. I told the designer to bump out that area but she didn't to keep the symmetry with the master bedroom.... I think it still should be bumped out to enlarge. Current dimension is 13'4 x 10

4. Keeping Room: I told designer to make it smaller and she made it larger... I was thinking about making it about 12 x 13. Current dimensions are 15 x 14.

My husbands requests are a large master bedroom, bath & closet. He says that's where he spends most of his time and he wants it spacious. He also wants a large kitchen and eating area.

Dimensions may be hard to read here they are listed:

Entry 6'7 X 8'2

Dining room 13'0 x 14'0

Study 12'0 x 11'8

Master Bedroom 16'0 x 18'6

Master Closet 12 x 9'5

Laundry 8'0 x 11'9

Second Bath 5'0 x 13'0

Second Bedroom 10'8 x 12'4

Pantry 6'0 x 8'0

Comments (25)

Sponsored