SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

You're invited to a wedding

annie1992
15 years ago

OK, I promised, so here are some pictures. I had a very small, very personal, very short Methodist wedding ceremony.

Dad was there, talking with the Pastor. I've known Pastor Brummel since I was 5 or 6, so they're probably swapping stories about my childhood.

Mom was there too, I didn't dare have Dad without Mom.

Stepmom was there too, somewhere, but I don't think I got a picture. The final guest was my boss, Chrystal, the person without whom we never would have met in the first place. She was kind enough to take all these pictures.

My two beautiful daughters were my witnesses:

The Princess and her Bruvver were there to keep things from getting too long and serious:

David was there to keep his boy from falling in the lake. He did a fine job, Bruvver stayed dry the entire time despite his best efforts to jump over the railing to catch the geese:

The Princess and I had to walk down to the altar first:

The Pastor gave a nice short commentary about how beautiful the day and the location were and how the very first wedding was performed in the Garden of Eden by God himself, and how it must have been very similar. He thought that the birds probably provided the music and although we stopped and listened, we only heard the geese. They aren't very musical.

Pastor Brummel asked for the rings to bless them:

We exchanged vows. Since we are adults, the Pastor thought we'd just memorize them. I did, but got right into the middle and forgot completely. Elery thought I might just walk away but I didn't. I took a deep breath and finished. We weren't quite finished, but the Pastor was touched and thought we should just kiss and get it over with. Or maybe he was afraid I was going to back out...

Here we all are. Notice the white in Amanda's hand? That's the linen handkerchief from the Canary Islands, the symbol of all my friends on the forum, there with me:

And so, it's done. I do have some pictures of the dinner afterward and of the places we went and things we did. I'll post those later.

Thank you all, for joining me in my wedding, With all of you there in spirit, it was possibly the biggest small wedding ever!

Annie

Comments (60)