SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrspete

what did you not get ... and was it okay?

mrspete
9 years ago

Thinking about a comment I read on a thread here, forming a new question based upon that ...

Was there something that you started out WANTING that -- in the long run -- just couldn't happen in your build. And are you okay with that? Big deal? Small deal?

In looking at the plan we're considering, I see a couple things that I wish were different:

- I had really wanted a staircase (of any shape) to be visible from the great room. Why? Because I love the idea of Christmas greenery and white lights going up the lovely bannister ... yet we find ourselves quite happy with pretty much everything else in this house ... and the staircase just can't happen in this plan.

- The two upstairs bedrooms are only 10x10, which is pretty small. I want to have a queen-sized bed in one, but it'll only be a guest bedroom, so it's not like storage is particularly important. And it'll have a good closet.

- I really want natural light ... everywhere, but the powder room won't have a window. Every other room (and even the staircase) will have natural light.

Would you be okay to give up these things? The stairs are the biggest thing, in my mind.

This post was edited by MrsPete on Sat, Oct 11, 14 at 19:03

Comments (20)