SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
john4291

Disable AVG antivirys program temperaryly

john4291
16 years ago

I got an Epson Perfectuin v200 printer/scanner as a gift.

The first instruction when I attempted to install the scanner software was to disable the antivirus software.

Since I had never disabled AVG before I exited the Scanmer

software installation. How do I disable AVG temporarily or is there any need to disable the antivirus software? Any help that you cab give me will be appreciated.

John W.

Comments (5)

• mikie_gw
    16 years ago

Double click the little patchwork quilt AVG icon in your system tray, which should open an AVG window. Then on the menu bar, Programs, Exit - should shut it down.

Reboot should start it back up.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    16 years ago

To add to Mikie's response, some software installations (scanner software especially for some reason) can be corrupted by your antivirus protection, and that is most likely why you've been instructed to disable it. Please don't go to web pages or check email while unprotected, that would be risky. Congratulations on the gift!

Pam

• DA_Mccoy
    16 years ago

After disabling AVG in the Taskbar and then waiting a minute or so, look at the contents of the Task Manager to insure that all the components of AVG are disabled.

DA

• owbist
    16 years ago

I think I might remove the internet cable before stopping AVG. Better safe than sorry for the 5 seconds it might take.

• john4291
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks to mikie, pkponder, damccoy, and owbist. Your instructions did the job. No problem disabling and then enabling AVG. Scanner softwareinstalled without a hitch. I have not tried scanning slides as yet but will give it a try over the weekend. Each of the advice received fit right in. Many Thanks again.
    John W