SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeff_bowers492

Would you wonderful folks give some feedback on this plan?

Jeff Bowers
9 years ago

I've lurked here a while, and I'm always impressed at the amount of help you guys are willing to give. I'd love some feedback on this design. It has taken awhile, but I finally have something put together I like well enough to solicit opinions on. Thanks so much!

About us: This will be the principal residence for my wife and I. We are in our early 40's. We have four children with us part of the time. Oldest is 19, and the youngest is 8. DW's parents come to stay for extended periods, and we need have room for them move in should that become necessary.

I come from a very large family, and we will be hosting them regularly. We want to be able to easily accommodate 30 people eating together. We both enjoy cooking, and the kitchen is a big focus of this design. In addition, it needs to handle up to 4 more people cooking (prepping) at the same time.

We are both "tub people" as you might gather from the master bath. Currently there's a window between the MB and MBath. It's set to be a frosted glass projector screen that can be viewed from either side. This feature probably won't survive until the final design, but I like it for now.

The Lot: .33 acre lot in a residential neighborhood. North facing, views to the rear. (House plan is shown with the front to the top.)

Main

Second

Elevation

Comments (16)