SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheshebop

WANTED: My Bad...My Bad...But it's here, it's really here!

sheshebop
17 years ago

I got my swap package...but I don't remember if it was yesterday or the day before that. I worked 60 hours this week, not counting going in again today. When I got home from worked I fell asleep in the car, and came inside to a phone call from Ann T., the Royal Keeper of the Addresses, making sure I got my swap! Forgive me Linda (in Connecticut) for not posting, but I don't even know what day it is...I must have gotten it Thursday (I didn't get home Thursday until 9:00 pm), and didn't open it until I got home from work on Friday.

Anyway, Linda got me a gorgeous bottle of red raspberry wine. We have some very good friends who only drink sweet wine, so this will be opened when we entertain them in two weeks. She also sent some gorgeous homemade jams and preserves and marmalades: apple pie jam, blueberry/lemon jam, blackberry jam, Mineola tangerine marmalade, apricot preserves (which I ate on my bagel this morning before rushing in to work: dee-licious!)), and watermelon rind pickles. She also got me a subscription to Cook's Illustrated, which I have been considering subscribing to since I dropped Bon Appetit and Gourmet, but just kept putting it off. She said that we have a lot in common, and it was her favorite magazine, so she hoped I would also love it. Well, Linda, you are right. It's a keeper! The entire package was awesome and the jams were packed in the cutest hard neon yellow box, that I will re-use for something cause it is too cute not to keep it.

Anyway, Linda, please accept my deepest apologies for not posting immediately. I have had very few minutes in this last week, especially since Tuesday, to even have access to a computer. I have one more week of wildness, and then I do believe that my life will be back to "normal." (Although few people think of me as normal) Linda, I loved everything, and so much appreciate the time, effort, and love that goes into those homemade items...and they look pretty special in my collection of jams!

Comments (31)