SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
granjan_gw

Bizzo's box picks up a surcie in Soquel!

granjan
17 years ago

So Ann e-mailed me a few days ago that she had made an error! Our Ann! She had given Bizzo the address of Janet in Soquel, it's down by Santa Cruz, instead of mine. The other Janet hasn't been current with the forum but she knew what to do once she opened the box and recognized a swap ; she e-mailed Ann and got my address. And she says she didn't taste anything but I don't know how she could resist. Instead she slipped something local into the box before sending it on to me. Once a CF member always a CFer.

So here's the goods from Elizabeth in CT. The delay was well worth waiting for. I love everything!

Here's the first peek I got.

I took out the items and went for the container that looked and smelled good; of course.

The savory Cornmeal Green Chilie Biscotti are wonderful. They also have a local cheese, Brigid's Abbey Cheese from Cato Corner Farm. They taste as good as they sound. Rich, crumbly and nicely nippy from the chilies.

I couldn't figure out what was up with the bottle of Apricot Pepper Syrup from Hollister CA though. (I'd forgotten about the detour.)

So I opened up the square package wrapped in orange. Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti with New England dried cranberries of course! I'd just gotten myself a fresh cup of coffee and these were SO GOOD with it. Stopped eating savory biscotti and started on the cranberry. Elizabeth must be like me, a non sewer/crafter who loves to bake. You say homemade and I'm there with cookies! These are great additions to my recipe file.

Next I opened the cookbook, because I've been dying to see what I'd get. (I love and own hundreds.)

I love Lora Brody's writing. She writes for all the cooking mags and I have her Growing Up on the Chocolate Diet. And I love her even more now. In her photo on the flyleaf she's wearing her Red Sox cap and there's a great pic of Fenway in the intro! For you non-baseball fans there are other wonderful pix of New England.

And really great recipes arranged by states. MA CT RI NH VT and ME. Here's Nutmeg Cookies with Hot Spiced Maple-Grand Marnier Tea. I don't like tea but I think I'll have to try both of these soon!

And thanks, Ann, for getting me to try taking a photo of a photo. It works great! Who knew?

And last we have a bottle of CT wine! I'm going to tell you that as a lover of CA wines I'm not a beliver, yet, that vineyards belong in New England. But it's in the frig and I'll try it tonight. Bizzo says it's not too oakey, which I dislike.

Here's the whole thing including a copy of Eating Well for the low fat foods I try to make most of the time. (And the marinade from the other Janet!) What a great package, it even had it's own adventure!

Comments (31)