SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dudsiam

Computer not online

dudsiam
14 years ago

I have an HP C6280 All-in-One printer. After getting my computer out of the shop for another problem, my HP printer is evidently not being recognized by my computer. I get an "off line" error message. I am running Windows XP. I can scan and print, but I cannot print an email or print something from my MS Word. I hope that was clear.

I have tried unplugging my printer for 30 minutes....then plugging it back in. I went to the Control Panel/Printers and Faxes and my HP Printer was there, but not online. I finally have it showing in the Control Panel as being online, but it still will not print.

Can anyone suggest something to try?

Here is something else .....that really has me mad. I purchase the printer at Office Max two years ago. I also purchased a warranty from Office Max (Assurance) for two years after the HP warranty expires. So my computer is still in warranty from Max Assurance. They are sending me a mailing label and I am to return the printer to them. They will then send me a gift card for a new printer. The printer originally was $200. I am sure the freight sending the computer back to them will be about $30. Knowing I am low in ink in all colors, I think it would be cheaper to just buy a new printer. It looks to me like this warranty is not worth the paper it is written on. It will take about a month for me to get the mailing label they are sending me.....and shipping the printer to them. Instead of getting a new printer, I prefer to just get this one going again. It prints, scans, and copies very well.......when it works.

Comments (10)