SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aimless07

I am not in love with the granite we picked for the kitchen

Aims
9 years ago

I really want a white/gray granite for our kitchen. What I really liked was Alaskan White, White Ice, and River White. An unlikely one that I fell in loved with was Bianco Antico when it's a slab that has gray and blue in it. I like granite with "movement" in it.

Alaskan, White Ice, and Bianco are group 3 and River White is group 2 in terms of pricing. River White was within our budget but we ended up choosing a "promo granite" called Ashen White. A promo granite is less expensive than a level 1 so it's a good deal. But I don't like it. I compromised bc DH liked the price and liked the fact that it is a pretty plain granite with consistent color and no movement at all.

I was so bummed because the granite place had 4 slabs of bianco antico at a level 1 price this weekend but, someone already snatched up 3 of those slabs so we wouldn't have enough. The cost would have only been about $1000 more total for our granite costs and DH said he would have gone for it had they had the slabs we needed.

Do I just need to suck it up and go with this plain granite that is less expensive or will I end up regretting it later? I know some people like to mix granites and do a different slab on an island and something else on the other counters but that really isn't what we want to do.

There are some other granite fabricators in our town. Do you think prices could vary enough to look at a few other places?

This post was edited by aimless07 on Sat, Oct 11, 14 at 15:19

Comments (19)