SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buyorsell888

Netbook or smart phone?

buyorsell888
15 years ago

I saw a cute little netbook computer at Target that was barely the size of a hardback book and $299. I'm thinking it might work better for me than a smart phone.

I've been thinking about a Blackberry but I'm over 45 and I don't find cell phones easy to use nor easy to see. I don't text message and don't have great manual dexterity either. I also really don't want to pay an extra $20 a month on my cell phone bill for internet access.

I am a sales rep and I have to stay at hotels often including twice a year for ten nights straight. I would really like to be able to check my emails and surf the web in my rooms and in our showroom when it is slow. Sometimes hotels offer PCs in the lobbies but often they are busy.

I have a new desktop, I don't want a laptop. I don't need to use Office except maybe to read a document or do any work in my hotel rooms or on vacation. I don't have an iPod and don't care about watching movies on it. I don't want the weight of a laptop nor to pay for all the features and software.

Comments (18)