SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twotzus

Calphalon Stainless Tri-Ply vs. All-Clad

twotzus
17 years ago

Our kitchen remodel is nearly complete and I am planning on purchasing new cookware. I had made up my mind that I wanted All-Clad, but I was looking at the Calphalon tri-ply stainless steel, and it looks nice and I believe it is clad up the sides like the All-Clad, and it's more reasonable. Also, I have a few pieces of the OLD Calphalon from 20+ years ago that I love and will keep, so hopefully it is still quality cookware. The reason I had originally decided on the All-Clad is because some of my neighbors have it, and of course it is pretty. (Keep up with the Joneses) BUT, I also have one neighbor who owns a fine restaurant. He has a couple of pieces of AC, but told me he prefers Calphalon to the AC. He also has quite a bit of commercial ware that he uses at home on a dail basis, since he likes to cook. Another neighbor is a gourmet cook and a trained chef but he doesn't own any All-Clad because (he told me) he is to cheap to spend the money. I don't know what he cooks with, it looks like odds and ends when we go over there, and whatever he uses, it is always delicious. I am thinking it might be silly to spend the $$ on a set of AC, when the Calphalon Stainless Tri-ply will serve my abilities fine. Is this a good set? How does it compare to the All Clad? It has glass lids, and I'm not sure I like that but the rims are flared (which I like) whereas some of the All Clad sauce pans do not have the flared rims. Any advice given is much appreciated. Thanks!

Tzus

Comments (12)