SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soonermagic

Friday Is Moving Day ... Finally

soonermagic
16 years ago

I just had to share my excitment, as I'm about to burst with it. We signed our contract with the builder 10/12/06 for a tear down/new construction in an older neighborhood near a university. At that time, the old house had already been torn down, the plans appoved by the city and the lot prepared. The house was supposed to be completed in June. Finally, though, we close on the house tomorrow and on Friday, the moving van arrives with all of the possessions that have been in storage for an entire year. The last year has been the longest of my life. We sold our previous home much quicker than anticipated and at a great deal that we couldn't turn down, so we lived in a hotel for 6 months and have been house-sitting for the past 5 months. I cannot wait to eat dinner with my forks again, to snuggle my hubby on my couch again, etc., etc. ... all in a goregous home that we put too much energy into over the last year.

One minor issue is that the certificate of occupancy has not yet issued, but the plumbing final was to occur this morning, after which the builder promised the CO would issue this afternoon. We had just three minor problems with yesterday's plumbing inspection that could be easily remedied. If you read this, send positive energy our way for a CO to issue.

My plan is to take pictures this evening and post some pics of the empty completed house. Then, to post some moved in pictures in a week or so.

Here's a big collectively thank you to so many of you whose ideas and beautiful homes inspired us.

Comments (13)