SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momto3kiddos

House complete... Moving Friday... Photo tour

momto3kiddos
10 years ago

Hi all! I thought I would post some pics while the house still looks pristine. I doubt it will look polished for very long once we move our stuff in. As long as it has taken me to pack, it will take me all summer to unpack. We built our forever home with the help of my dad, an experienced custom home builder, on the farm my husband grew up on. We designed the floorplans ourselves, then summerfield generously helped us tweak it. The architect basically drew up what we handed him with very few changes. We did several things to improve the energy efficiency of our home since we will be here for the long haul including geothermal hvac, conditioned crawl space, spray foam insulation, radiant barrier, and all can lights are led. We have not persued energy star even though we are compliant due to the training involved, but we may look to do that after we get settled. We did, however, use an energy rater who performed a blower door test and hers certificate. Our hers score is 53... I think that's pretty good for a 5000 sq ft one story home. I am actually looking forward to our first few power bills. :). I doubt I will be online for the next week between moving and waiting for the phone company to install dsl service next week, but I will be happy to answer questions once I am back online. Thanks to all of you who offered feedback on our plans, kitchen layout, insulation questions, flooring challenges, etc. I could not have done this without the help of the fabulous folks on GW!

Side entrance

Kitchen... Large lights to be switched with smaller ones soon

Foyer

Dining... Paint is martha Stewart plumage, and it is not bright like the pic shows, but more of a deep turqouise. I took all these pics with my ipad, perhaps that's the problem

Mudroom/side porch door

Mudroom cubbies and drop counter

Mudroom bath

Office

Powder room

Master bedroom and bath

One of the girls rooms

Sons room

Game room

Screen porch with ezebreeze enclosure

Patio

Back hall

Laundry room

Thanks for being there for me and with me through the process!

Comments (62)