SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katiec_id

Cool stuff from msrevise!

KatieC
17 years ago

I just got home to find a great mid-week pickmeup after a looong day...a package from Maryland. A lovely assortment from msrevise's area.

I opened the biggest one first. A set of wines (yes, a set, so it was legal, hehe)from her friend's winery. A chardonnay and Gollywobbler(!), a pretty red that msrevise says is good for sangria. We will definitely use it for just that when Liana comes home for Thanksgiving. When I visit her we like to go to a retaurant called Sangria (speciality is...? You guessed it...). We downed our share last time I was there.

Then came the book, a White House cookbook. Very cool, and I can't wait to curl up and read it. DC was one place I didn't get a chance to hunt down a local cookbook (I try to buy one everywhere I go), so now I have one.

And finally we have the squirrel. I love the squirrel. It cracked us up because we've been having some issues with a couple of squirrels that have taken up residence in our roof. We're torn between live trapping them and hauling them off and letting them stay for the entertainment value. One of them is very sweet looking and the other is evil (and not in a Jessy-ish way!). He sits on the windowsill and glares at me.

This squirrel, from Chesapeake, VA, is multi-purpose. He serves as an oven rack pusher/puller and he can hold a recipe card in his mouth. He came complete with an heirloom recipe for fruit crumb cake...yum.

Thank you, thank you, Ms.R. Your choices were perfect and your timing couldn't have been better.

I took a picture of everything wrapped and the batteries in my camera died, so I'll post pics (and get caught up on everyone's goodies...I am soooo behind...) this weekend.

Comments (43)