SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kleekai_gw

If you have or know someone with a steam oven

kleekai
14 years ago

I have been lurking and reading this forum for several months as I am in the process of a kitchen renovation. First, thank you to all who post as I have found this forum extremely helpful. I am in design phase and am torn between my second oven being a steam oven or another convection oven. My two children are both in college so some of my cooking demands have lessened but I do cook a lot around holidays and special occasions. I also want to put in a kitchen that makes sense in the level of home we live in as we will probably move in about 8-10 years and the home is in an affluent community. I am looking at the Miele Masterchef series. I have a strong bent to healthy cooking and lifestyle but I am not sure if the steam oven is an appliance that will get the workout it's price tag and space dedication warrants. To those who have them - do you find you use them a lot and for what purpose? Besides steaming veggies and fish, what else do you use it for? How much longer does it take to reheat food vs. a microwave? Do you have to wait for it to come up to steaming ability? Do you find it has enough room to do what you want? Is refilling the water container each time a nuisance? Would you recommend? I plan on putting in a small microwave on a shelf just for popcorn and heating up a cup of water. I also plan on getting an induction cooktop and am now between GE Profile and Miele. Please let me know your thoughts as this appliance choice is driving me crazy!

Comments (12)