SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
housecrazy1970

enamled cast iron

housecrazy1970
16 years ago

My DGF and I are about to become first time parents. We are almost done building our "dream home" with "dream kitchen". I am hopeing to become a good cook. I have been practicing cooking with my mom while assembling a large cookware setup. I have a 14 piece set of Calphalon one NOT non stick. To this I have added a couple of stainless pieces from calphalon and all clad. I also added a l4 qt stockpot, and a calphalon one dutch oven, and 2 decent nonestick frypans for cooking eggs.

(i know im a little longwinded, sorry)

The queston:

I like the way my moms cast iron cookware cooks. I would like to add a few cast iron pieces. I'm really not into the whole seasoning thing (please know arguments on how easy it is to make and keep a pan seasoned)

I would like to know if enamled cast iron gives the cooking properties of regular cast iron but without having to season the pan? does it have reasonable "release ability"?

I am fairly new to "real" cooking but am enjoying my foray into the culinary world. I have found GW to be an awesome reference and find it is an invaluable resource. what are the addvantages of enamled cast iron over regular?

Thanks in advance

Comments (8)