SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frenchman_gw

Single temp wine cooler versus U-line's 'triple zone?'

frenchman
14 years ago

Hi,

I've seen reviews on dual zone fridges (e.g. that review of the Vinotemp VT-45) complaining about the lack of differentiation between the zones. While it would great to be able to get a 15 degrees temp gradient (e.g. 65 for reds and 50 for whites---I don't want the fridge for long term storage but short term storage and serving), I don't think I can get that in an affordable under the counter unit (I read about U-line's "triple zone" which seems to simply take advantage of air temperature gradient to maintain 3 "zone" of approx temperature each 5 degrees apart (e.g. 55 on top, 50 middle, 45 bottom).

I wonder if U-line worked hard on this (by picking exactly where to blow cold air in), or if single temp fridges do exhibit this variation from their very nature? This kind of variation seems pretty nice to me as I could get white and sparkling very close or at serving temperature, and just get the reds out a bit before drinking them.

Can someone who has a single temp wine fridge check temperatures at top, middle and bottom? (If it's a Vinotemp even better as I am looking at the
Vinotemp VT-52
, but ANY single temp fridge temp would work).

Thanks!

YA

Comments (6)