SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akcorcoran_gw

Marvel noise? vs Subzero Dual-Zone Wine?

akcorcoran
11 years ago

Hi -

I know I've plagued GW trying to figure out or wet bar plan but I'm getting narrowed down and the local, family-run appliance store really suggested the Marvel Professional line for what we were looking for - a dual-zone wine refrigerator and then a (separate) beverage center.

I've read mixed reviews on the noise level of Marvel - can anyone comment?

The wine cooler is in a separate wet bar/butler's pantry, so that is less likely to be heard but the beverage center ("beer fridge" as my hubby would like to call it) is in the island which is connected to an eating area/family room. It's not totally open but it's not a distinct room.

Sales guy says it's the air circulation that is what keeps the temp so cool on the Marvel beverage center, but isn't that also what would cause the noise? The alternative we were considering for the beverage center was the Electrolux IQ Beverage Center. Doesn't move the air in the same way but reviewed to keep things very cold and be quiet. And, all our other appliances are Elux (icon, but still same metal, right?)

For the wine cooler, I am always resistant to Subzero b/c I think you pay for the brand name but I have to admit that I liked the wine cooler. The shelves slid in and out nicely and the wood fronts were stained and finished. The temps are supposed to hold well.

The SZ dual-temp wine cooler is still more expensive than the Marvel Professional (or Chateau) dual zone - but is it quieter?

Thanks for your help. anyone! I'm almost finished at which point I'll stop asking questions and start helping people (hopefully!) :-)

Comments (2)