SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brenda55_gw

WANTED: Fantastic Florida Package from Andi

brenda55
16 years ago

WoW, did I ever get a bit of sunshine from Florida today. I got an amazing swap box from Andi.

And yes, Andi can count, I accidentally got some other presents mixed up with the swap presents. Yes, that's what I did.

"Made in the Shade" is a wonderful collection of recipes by the Junior League of Greater Fort Lauderdale. I especially like the Southwest meets Florida recipes such as Lobster Gazpacho and Tropical Guacamole and that is just for starters! As a bonus, this cookbook contains a section "Wave Reviews" which is the best-of recipes from a former best-selling cookbook this organization did and which Andi was a member. One other thing, today while having lunch with my cousin she asked me for a recipe for Cranberry Orange Bread or Poppyseed Bread, I told her I didn't have one for either. In this cookbook Andi sent, one of the first recipes I saw was the Cranberry Orange Bread and on the following page, no less, Poppyseed Almond Bread.

Then there was the cutest beach kitchen towel. I really need this with all of the rain we have been getting here in San Antonio, sunshine in the kitchen.

Then to top off the package was a beautiful set of silver salad servers, with shells and starfish on the handles. The picture really doesn't do them justice, but trust me they are exquisite. I have been looking for a salad serving set since we moved to SA as my set got destroyed in our move. I couldn't never find a set I really liked.

Andi's explanation of the gifts were great:

Salad Servers - the ocean is represented by the servers.

Towel - "Nothing better than reclining in a cabana on the beach and watching the ocean waves"

Cookbook - "After a day at the ocean, you need some "Shade."

Andi, what a terrific swap package, I love everything and can't wait to try some of the recipes, the towel is already in the kitchen, and I will think of you every time I use the beautiful set of salad servers.

Andi, thank you for the personal note, it was nice getting to know you a little better and I wish you still made the biz trips to SA.

Brenda

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!