SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geddeshouse

Calphalon One vs. Scanpan??

GeddesHouse
20 years ago

I find the hype over Calphalon One interesting in that Scanpan has had cookware out for over 15 years with the same properties. I have several pieces of Scanpan, a few of them almost 15 years old, and love them all.

Does anyone have both kinds and can compare and contrast?

I have a few pieces of Calphalon that I love, nonstick and tri-ply stainless. But I don't have any Calphalon One and don't plan on getting any unless there's incontrovertible evidence that it's better than my tried-and-true Scanpan. I just can't fathom why all this hype about a supposed new breakthrough product that seems to have no advantages over a well-tested product with the same claim to fame that's already been around for so long.

I always like to look at new products. But I don't like being duped just because one company has a larger marketing department.

BTW, given the above problems that some folks have had with Calphalon warping, be aware that I've NEVER had a warping problem with Scanpan. It's specifically guaranteed not to warp. I've plunged my screaming hot wok under the fawcet many times. It loves it. (I've never had a problem with Calphalon warping either, but that stuff I treat gently.)

So, does Calphalon One have any REAL advantages over Scanpan?? Or is Calphalon just trying to dupe us into thinking their product is "new" technolgoy even though a competitor has been selling that technology for close to two decades?

Linda

Comments (23)