SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sophia0606_gw

Floorplan attached and cost per sqft - Need advice

sophia0606
9 years ago

Hi,

My husband and I have a 1.8 acre lot and try to build a house in a couple of months. We are preparing by reading this forum, but have some basic questions.

1) When someone says the house cost $100 per sqft, could you please explain what it means? If a ranch house has 2000 sqft on the main floor, 400 sqft garage, 1000 sqft finished basement and it is told to be cost $100 per sqft, what would be the total cost? 2000sqft x $100 = $200,000 or (2000 sqft + 400 sqft + 1000 sqft) x $100 = $340,000?

2) We came up with the attached floor plan. We found a floor plan on the internet and my husband made it simple hoping some cost saving. Could you please review whether it has some issue or not?

3) The living sqft of the house is 2400 sqft (excluding garage) and we want to have a basement unfinished. With this simple floor plan, could you please kindly guess how much it will cost? We are living in Missouri, so it is not very expensive area. :)

4) Anybody know how much it will cost if we finish our basement? I just want to know how much we can save if we leave it unfinished..

I really appreciate all your help!!

Comments (10)