SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
breeze_345

New Bathroom Overall Floor Plan Ideas- Need Advice :)

Maria Phillips
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi There, new to Houzz and just wanted to get some input. I'm about to buy my first house and I want to try to remodel wisely so that it will be easier to rent or sell in the future. I'm just in the idea-phase right now. It only has 1 and a half bathrooms and I think adding a second full bathroom would have a big impact plus make it much nicer while I live there. Here's the current layout of the second floor (roughly)

And here's what I'm thinking of doing , basically turning the 16'x 11' master into a 12' x 11' master to add a bathroom plus more closet space. Also moving the closet in the second bedroom to make that room a bit smaller (closer to 10'x9') so there can be a second full bath. Here's the rough sketch:

I wanted to try to keep the existing fixtures in place to minimize work and cut down on costs. A lot of the work I'm planning to DIY (Demo, Painting, Tiling, putting in the Vanity) but not the electric or plumbing. Anyways just wondering what your thoughts were - has anyone done a remodel like this? Do you think the second full bathroom is worth the smaller master bedroom?

Comments (24)