SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kateskouros

i got my vacuflow estimate. not happy...

15 years ago

i researched through the help of these forums and came up with what i think are the absolute necessities for our new build. i met with a dealer in our area and he came up with this bid which includes something called a VROOM box in the kitchen. it's basically a powered box that sits inside a base cab with an extending hose inside. i didn't care for it at all. you have to bend down to the floor to get the hose. i preferred the vac pan. but the estimate i received says it includes the VROOM ...although i don't see it listed anywhere. i think i'm upset since this guy is just trying to sell me a package, so more "stuff" on top of what i asked for. i also asked for him to break down the costs of the items, which he did not do. on top of that, our house will be under 7500 sq ft. why do i need a motor that is for homes up to 22,000 sq ft? do i NEED this large a unit? TIA for any help, advice. does anyone have suggestions of online sources? i don't care if the system is vacuflow. i'm interested in a good unit that is compatable with the HAH. TIA! ...and here's the estimate:

Hide A Hose Rough - in with all pipe and Valve assembly.

2 on Second Floor, 2 on First Floor (4 total, 50' hose)

Install VacPan inlet in Central Vacuum System (Kitchen Toe Kick). Includes all fittings, pipe and labor 1 Mud room, 1 Kitchen, 1 Master Bath (3 total)

Hide A Hose Finish Installation With Door and Hose (4 total)

Vent out with muffler & heat resistant materials for MaxAir Power Unit (1 total)

VacuFlo MaxAir Power unit Twin Motor. Recommended for homes up to 22,000 Sq. ft. Maximum sealed suction 208" & air flow

122 CFM for Hide A Hose applications. 903 Max Air Watts 240V 13.8/13.0 Max/Avg Amps electric required. Vent out with

heat suppression & muffler REQUIRED. 6 Gallon Collection Capacity. (1 total)

Vacuflo Six (6) piece Attachment Set with - includes rug tool, floor tool, upholstery tool, crevice tool, Dusting brush and chrome wands 2

Hide a Hose Remote Handle option plus extra handle with transmitter 1

Garage & Car Care Kit - 50' hose 1

Note: The Hide A Hose System is the newest technology in central vacuums in the last 20 years. This system has an extra large

Power Unit to efficiently retract the hoses. The system contains 5 Hoses and 3 Sets of attachments without taking up storage

space. The system is on stand by at all times.

$5,710.00

Comments (21)