SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
billy_g_gw

Capital Culinarian Rangetop - 3 Year Owner Review

billy_g
9 years ago

We have a 48" Capital Culinarian Rangetop with 6 burners and a grill. We've been using it for three years and I am posting a user review and commentary. We have one of the earlier units that shipped in summer 2011. I visited the Capital Cooking factory near Los Angeles and the owner Surjit Kalsi gave me a personal tour of the factory. He was very professional and a nice guy. As many of you know Mr. Kalsi was an engineer at Viking Stove and he started DCS appliances. He has won many awards.

Based on our ordering, installation, and "support" experience I can tell you we made a mistake ordering it from our local appliance dealer. We should have ordered it from Trevor Larson at Eurostoves. Even though they are not local the support would have been much better than any local dealer and better than direct factory support.

Before I provide more details, I will say it has been a blast cooking on the Culinarian. Stir fry is great, and I have put a large 22" paella pan across 4 burners (could have gone to 24") for a festive meal. The high heat performance is great. A neighbor with a Wolf wishes they bought a Capital Culinarian.

We use the grill occasionally, preferring to grill outside. We mainly use it for grilling veggies such as asparagus.

For a griddle we use a heavy steel Chef King 12"x24" griddle pan across two burners. This works fine. We're glad we didn't buy the griddle -- not that we wouldn't love to have a dedicated 24" griddle with a thermostat! Maybe in our next kitchen.

I will provide additional reflections, details, and photos in subsequent posts.

Billy

Comments (57)