SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maucelil

Capital Culinarian manual clean or Bluestar RCS

maucelil
8 years ago

Hi - We buying a new 36 inch range and its down to the manual clean Capital Culinarian or the Bluestar RCS. The RCS is cheaper, and comes with one rolling rack, but it has less powerful burners and looks more utilitarian. The Culinarian looks much sleeker and has 5 powerful burners, but its also $1500 more and no rolling racks. From all the research I've done (and I've done way too much) the ovens seems pretty comparable in terms of size and performance. I've done way too much research and am running in circles at this point, but have a couple of questions that I thought maybe the good people on Gardenweb could help with:

1) We cook a lot on the rangetop, but nothing too crazy (fish on the stove top and then into the broiler, pan roasted chicken, braises, pasta, etc). My question is, if we go with the RCS are we going to miss the extra power? For reference, right now we we cook pretty well using a 15 year old Amana electric range, so anything will be a step up!

2) From all the research I've done, the ovens seem pretty comparable in terms of size and performance. I read one review about the rack positions on the older model Culinarian not being placed efficiently (too close to the broiler), making the usable space quite less than advertised if you had a roasting pan in there or something. Does anyone have any recent experience with that? Between the Culinarian and the RCS, is one better than the other?

3) We are pretty serious about our pizza. I'm able to make a pretty good pie by cranking our electric oven and using a pizza steel on the top rack. Does anyone have experience/success making pizza with either of these two ranges?

Right now, I'm leaning towards the Culinarian, but that could, and probably will, change about five more times before we actually pull the trigger. Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (7)