SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucyjune_gw

Please Advise! Best 30' Gas Range (for now and resale!)

lucyjune
12 years ago

I have been scrolling through the discussion boards, and am in awe of the group's collective wisdom. If you can spare a bit of time for a beginner's question, here it is:

We are moving our kitchen up a floor, and need to find a new range. We are a little flexible on space, but think 30" will work the best (although I'd welcome your thoughts on whether it makes sense to shift the layout around to incorporate a 36"). Because of cost concerns, we are leaning to an all gas model, but we could do dual fuel as well.

We like to cook, but aren't professionals. We would like to buy a nice range that would be eyecatching on show sheets, and that would be fun to use in the meantime.

So....what do you think? Our budget is pretty limited (I'd say less than $3500, but there's some room at the margin). Right now the best deal I can find is on a 30" Viking (http://blog.yaleappliance.com/?Tag=Viking%20Range) which we can get on sale for $2750 (but would need to pay Mass tax at around 5%). We're okay paying less or a little more, but would love a good machine and a bit of wow factor for the showsheet in a couple of years. BTW, likely buyers would be a young professional couple, maybe with a kid, doing well but this would probably be a starter home (albeit in Boston, where starter homes don't come cheap.

So tell me your thoughts - is this a good deal, or are we blinded by a sale and nice label? Thanks for your patience with a newbie!

Comments (6)