SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tcjohnsson

Wall hung or very shallow toilet

tcjohnsson
15 years ago

I'm new to the wall-hung toilet concept. I'm entertaining the idea because I am building a modern/minimalist bathroom that is 5' 6" wide x 7'. I tried to make it wider but it would make other space on that floor less desirable so I'm going to make it work with my 5' 6" of floor space. The problem is I'd like to have a vanity on one side (48" wide), and the toilet on the other.

Code requires that I maintain at least 21" from the end of the toilet bowl to any other object/wall. If the sink/vanity is only 18" in depth (which is as shallow as I feel comfortable going) I would need a toilet that protrudes So I'm looking at toilets where the tank is built into the wall or placed elsewhere so I can maintain the minimum code requirement. Or even a toilet with a very shallow tank may work, something that would protrude If anyone can recommend a few modern toilets that are shallow/protrude the least distance from the wall, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and if you had any other recommendations as to how I should layout a 5' 6" x 7' bathroom, I'd appreciate it! For reference, the door enters on the shorter side (5'6"). Thanks!

Comments (8)