SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stellevaganti

Wall-hung toilet in a brick wall

stellevaganti
4 years ago

I know everyone has been talking about wall-hung toilet being space-saving and easy to clean. But since I have a brick wall, I guess it won't be space-saving anymore? I don't find cleaning the regular floor-mounted toilet too troublesome, but since I'd like to slope the whole bathroom floor to the drain, I have to choose between creating ugly platform for the floor toilet or installing a wall-hung toilet.

What should I know before choosing wall-hung toilet over the floor type? I really want one that is more problem-free. Will wall-hung toilet get wobbly after years of use? If the nuts and bolts need to be tightened periodically, is it easy to do myself, without removing the toilet? Are they safe for wheelchair users? (I'm concerned about the safety during transfer and whether the transfer will be more difficult because hidden cistern means a lack of space behind the bowl).

Are they more prone to leaking? And do I need to create a large access panel to anticipate future repair of parts behind the wall? I'd love to hear what expert plumbers here have to say.

Comments (10)