SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_343451

Kerdi tub question:some Kerdi not attached

13 years ago

Hi.

I am finally putting in my bathroom and have run into a problem with my Kerdi install.

I installed the Kerdi in my alcove tub area on Sunday evening using TEC Sturdi Set (unmodified thinset) to a pancake batter consistency using a 1/8 x 1/8 sq notched trowel. I furred out the walls and the (primed)drywall extends past the tub flange. I am going to use Kerdi fix to attach the bottom of the Kerdi directly to the flange and the tile will extend below to the tub deck making a really waterproof area. I am really following Mongoct directions from awhile back where there was a great picture of the whole process.

I was just upstairs about to do the Kerdi fix when I noticed a possible problem.

There are several areas at the bottom of the drywall where the Kerdi did not attach at the bottom. The kerdi is loose about an inch or even two inches up the drywall in some areas (about 6 inches long)

Do I need to cut these loose areas out and reapply new Kerdi or can I use Kerdi fix to attach these loose areas to the drywall when I do the flange area?

I think I must have pulled the kerdi away from the wall when I was cleaning up and removing the tape and not noticed it. I can't find much info about whether Kerdi fix would work on the fleece since it is already embedded with thinset.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments (4)