SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gam51

Guest Bath Finished (pics)

11 years ago

Well after 25 years of living with a peach tub, I finally convinced DH to let me get it reglazed. It had to stay since he thought a cast iron tub was way too heavy to take out, and my daughter thinks it is the world's best tub for soaking since it is extra long. The toilet and sink had been replaced long ago so now everything is white. The update included a flea market dresser that DH reinforced since it wasn't near strong enough to hold the marble top I got at a scrap yard. He also reworked the drawers so they now slide nicely. I had the old mirrors cut down a bit and then glued on mosaic tile (Lunar Melange) and grouted. I used the same tile for back splash and and back of shelves on the toilet. The towel rack was made by taking parts of the hutch that came with the dresser. The floor is a porcelain marble look alike. As usual I forgot to take before pics but the oak vanity, peach formica counter and carpeted floor are gone! Just in time, too, as my company arrives today. It's not a major $ remodel but it works. If you think anything looks familiar to something you did, I probably "stole" your idea....thanks to everyone for posting. Love Garden Web (just wish I could remember each time how to post pics).

Comments (17)