SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tobler

great anticipation; great disappointment; a month's delay

tobler
12 years ago

After two months of delay our special counter tops (Chroma by 3form) were supposed to be installed today. Most of our bathroom things are in boxes in the guest room while we use an old sink in a plywood counter top. we don't have our electrical outlets because they have to be installed into the cabinets which have to sit on the counter tops so we have a multi-plug strip with cords draped all over. we have a vinyl shower curtain because the threshold of the shower door is the same material as the counters so we can't install the glass door.

Today was the day the counters were coming. It was supposed to be a week ago, it was supposed to be Friday, it was supposed to be Monday. I was out this morning and came home at noon, heat beating. I took one look and my heart dropped. They were the wrong color. I had ordered a blue called Bliss and instead I got a bright turqoise. I was afraid to even say anything at first because our GC has knocked himself to get these counters, had a huge fight with the supplier and now it appears, the supplier ordered some random color.

GC has checked his records and he asked for Bliss. He has now gone to the manufacturer in Utah directly (I don't know why he ever went through a supplier in the first place) but we have to wait for the holidays, wait for them to make the counters, wait for them to ship, wait to have them cut according to the templates. This is at least a month.

I am so disappointed I could cry. I know that in the greater scheme of things this too shall pass, but I am so upset and I am so upset for my GC too. He is paying out money and now has to sue the supplier to get his money back.

What was supposed to be a wonderful day turned into a very sad day.

Comments (4)