SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisy75_gw

floor models -Miele or Gagg?

daisy75
13 years ago

My appliance dealer is selling floor models to clear his inventory. I had had my heart set on the Gagg combi (and the 30" Gagg wall oven so the two would look good stacked) but had given up because of the price. My dealer now has the two ovens plus the warming drawer on sale for $10500. He is also offering the Miele speed oven, regular oven, warming drawer, and steam oven for $9200. I know either set is a ridiculous amount to spend, but I have been planning this remodel for years and I can stretch my budget to cover these ovens if I decide it's worth doing. I do not bake often, but I do entertain a lot- usually casual meals for 10-20 but I typically host at least one larger dinner party (40-50) as well as one large holiday party (80-100)/year. I have learned to feed crowds using a lousy 24" oven, so anything will be an improvement. I cook most weeknights for my family of four. I am torn between getting the Gagg and a Sharp microwave or getting the Miele package (or doing something much cheaper, like buying the new Thermador steam oven and mix and matching the rest of my appliances). I know most people on this forum who are lucky enough to own the Gagg or Miele are happy with them. I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone has for me. TIA for your help!

Comments (9)