SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanandmarkw

Gagg Combi Calibration Question (BS-270)

susanandmarkw
15 years ago

We finally got our new (replaced) Gaggeanu Combi-Steam Oven installed this morning. (The repair company had, had it since early September but kept rescheduling because they're a small shop and they needed two guys to do the install.)

Anyway, it's a different model (BS-270) than what I had before because, I guess, new ones came out last October and the one I had is no longer available. So, anywho, the install seemed to go fine and then we did the basic set-up and tried to calibrate. The controls are different but I saw the install people do it and, after reading the directions myself (many times), they seemed to follow the calibration instructions precisely ... Except, 45 minutes later the calibration still wasn't done. (The manual advises it will take "15 minutes.") The unit appeared to be heating up (said it got to temp) and was definitely putting out steam, but the "cal" notation still appears when you push the little "i" key in the bottom left hand corner. (It never shut off or gave any indication that it was done calibrating.)

We turned it off, on Gaggeanu's advice, and let it sit for four hours (you can only calibrate when cold). So, just now, I did a reset of all options (as the manual says to) and tried, once again, to calibrate (set the temp to 200 F and 100 percent steam). The control under "i" still says "cal" (next to the temp, in the bottom left hand corner of the display), even though it had once again been upwards of 45 minutes. I turned it off, again, and then tried to turn it back on and set a different temp/humidity. It seemed to work, but the "cal" notation was still there, which a Gaggeanu tech this morning told me meant it was still calibrating. The oven said it got up to temp--350 degrees--and was definitely hotter, and less steamy--I'd changed it to 60 percent--than during the calibration at 200 degrees and 100 percent steam.

So, can anyone with any experience with these units help me? Is it working? Does the "cal" symbol always appear there and the tech was just wrong? He also said that when it was done calibrating it should have shut itself off automatically--which never happened, either time.

The controls and display on this unit are totally different than our old one, but I do remember that it was very clear when that unit was calibrating, and when it was done.

-Susan W.

Comments (5)