SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemoon2

Ordering new Lenovo, Vista or XP?

Hi....

We have just ordered a new T500 and we won't get the new machine for about 3 weeks. I would like to ask though about the Vista vs XP.

We were offered it this way....we could have the computer come with the Vista and get an XP CD to 'downgrade' to XP, or we could get the XP but we would have to spend $45. if we wanted to upgrade to the Vista later, so we opted for getting the Vista installed with the XP CD figuring we would have our choice of either OS that way. They said changing over to the XP would be as simple as installing any other software, following the prompts. Just wondering if we made a mistake and should have taken it with the XP installed?

The salesperson explained away the problems with Vista as using it on machines that were not powerful enough for it, so we upgraded the processor and the memory to 3GBs. I am now feeling more skeptical since reading a few posts. I always liked XP and absolutely do not want headaches. I just thought we might need the new OS for better security or something?

Would love input on what you think of Vista vs XP and what problems I would expect with Vista if so.

Thanks...

pm2

Comments (17)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH