SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thirdfrt

Norton Program Alert that I don't understand.

16 years ago

First of all I have Windows XPSP2

Norton Antivirus 2007 the plain version, although I believe they added a firewall and other security stuff later.

Here is what popped up.

Program Alert: Low Risk

Explanation given: A remote system is attempting to access Microsoft Local Security Authority Shell on your computer.

Program: Isasse.exe

Wasn't sure if the beginning letter was an I or an L. Looked more like an I to me.

C:\windows\system 32

Date: 10/11/2007 12:44 AM

Protocol: UDP (Inbound)

Recommendation: Allow Always (Recommended)

Gives Remote Address plus Local address was also listed.

Since I didn't know what to do, I put in Block Instance and clicked OK. There is a block always but I didn't do that since I wasn't sure if it was a Trojan or a normal thing that Microsoft was wanting to install.

I did some research and saw that there is a Trojan/or Virus, (can't remember which) using the Isasse.exe

Does anyone have any idea what this is? I can't figure out why Norton would put low risk and then allow always (recommended) there. It made no sense to me, so that is why I put Block Instance there, so that it would by me some time to check this out.

Would this have been ok to allow or was this some sort of virus or trojan?

If I would block anything, is there a way that I can go in and unblock it in Norton? Remember this is Norton Antivirus 2007, I don't have the security suite.

All help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

thirdfrt!!!

Comments (4)