SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
apbnash

Specific toilet recommendations

apbnash
16 years ago

We are about to begin phase 2 of our master bath remodel. Last year, phase 1 involved replacing the shower and bathroom tile floor. Anyhow, I have several questions for you all about toilets. We are replacing a 13 year old toilet that was original with the house. I have no idea what brand it is because I can't find a name anywhere on the toilet. It's probably just a cheap, contractor grade. All of our toilets clog quite easily and we want to have at least one toilet in the house that never needs plunging. Also, we have had a couple of very expensive repairs due to water damage while living in this house, which has made my hubby extremely paranoid about any plumbing fixture leaking. So, that brings me to my series of questions:

1) We are considering Toto, based on comments on this forum. Is this THE brand we should be looking for if clog free flushing and zero maintenance are tops on our list?

2) If Toto is the brand, which model? Is Sanagloss important and what is it really? Also, we would like a toilet with a comfortable height so we don't feel like we're sitting on the floor. Recommendations? Ultramaxx? G-max??

Dual flush???

3) One piece or two piece and why is this important? Are we going to have issues making a Toto fit in with our current pipes? We just re-did our tile floor last year but we do have extra tiles if needed. This is a 2nd floor master.

4) Where to buy? I've discovered that we have 3 or 4 Toto dealers in our area and I tend to feel like it might be worth it to pay a little extra to buy local in case there are any problems. Maybe with several Toto dealers I can stir up a little price competition.

5) Plumbers - should whatever plumber we use be able to install whichever Toto we choose to purchase? We're also doing a new tub in this remodel and so we plan to use the plumber who the contractor sends out for that job. The plumber that did our shower last year was fond of Toto.

I'll stop here. I apologize for having so many questions! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Amy

Comments (13)