SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis78

In need of a toilet primer...recommendations on HET toilets?

artemis78
12 years ago

We unexpectedly have to replace our toilet, and I'm scrambling to learn what the best options are. Wondered if anyone could share which high-efficiency toilet you chose and how you like it. Our plumber recommends the Toto Drake as a good basic model, but I want to understand what else is out there, too. We don't want to spend a fortune, but it's our only toilet so we're willing to pay more for reliability, performance, etc.

A related question---we have a very tight space to fit the toilet in. The current one is a round bowl that is set out from the wall, so we're pushing the connections back as far as possible, but will still have a tight squeeze between the toilet and the nearby tub. (Basically, my husband and I are small and can fit no problem, but people who are tall hit their knees on our tub when they use the toilet.) So I'm thinking this means we should stick with a round bowl to save the meager inch or two that we pick up doing that---is there any particularly compelling reason to do elongated over round in this situation? (Primary users will be two adults and eventually one small boy.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated---thanks!

Comments (7)