SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Firefox spellcheck for wooly stuck in mouse. grrrrrrr

Earlier today I used the word wooly in a post. Firefox spell check flagged it in red as being spelled incorrectly.

It gave me options to choose from

wooly

wool

woody

woozy

wools

Ok...I chose wooly and finished my post.

Now whenever I right click my mouse for spell check or to click on a link (thread) and open it in a new tab, I see those 5 different spellings listed twice...one below the other.

I also see

Open link in new Window

Open link in new tab

bookmark this link

save link as

send link

copy link location

Yahoo whatever...never use

and properties.

What have I done to have the wooly spellings stuck in there?

How might I get rid of them simply and easily...remember now I am challenged and appreciate any instructions dumbed down so I can understand.

Also, if I mispell a word now, it shows in red, and when I check for the correct spelling I see the 10 listings for wooly and then the options for the one I'm checking.

Did any of that make sense?

Also if I just right click on a page (as in I want to bookmark it) I see the 10 wooly spellings along with the bookmark and other options.

Any help is appreciated. You folks are the bestest.

Sue...still learning

Comments (4)

• owbist
    16 years ago

Take a squint at the link below Sue and see if that helps, you can add or delete to your heart's content in there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Inside Firefox spell check

• bob414
    16 years ago

I could easily be wrong, but I don't think it's the dictionary. Spelling choices should not show up in the context menu unless you right click on a misspelled word. If some of the dictionary does why not all of it? Why those particular words? Delete those words from the dictionary and see if it helps. You can always put them back in, or it wouldn't be a big loss to leave them out. I would definitely do a system restore to the day before this started to see it that cured it before editing the dictionary, but that's your choice.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    16 years ago

They magically disappeared last night.

Thanks! No more wooly spellings.

Sue

• bob414
    16 years ago

Why didn't I think to ask if you had restarted the computer? That can cure a lot of ills.