SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
casi_gw

Major problems since replacing my hard drive!

casi
9 years ago

I have so many issues I don't know where to start!!! I have an 4 yr HP Pavilion desk top with Windows 7 that I had to have to hard drive replaced. I had done as HP directed me and made a "back up" of my PC onto 4 CD's. I thought that that was to replace my operating system. When I took it into the shop to get the hard drive the guy charged me $90 to put Windows 7 on my PC and he never even touched the CD's that I took in. I lost all the extra stuff that my PC came with, which I don't even remember what I had!! lol But now my documents that I had saved show up as jiberish. I used to use "Word pad" to save recipes from the net into my documents....don't have it anymore. I can still pull up my recipes that I saved but I had a couple of "lists" that I use ....check lists for when we go camping. I tried to pull them up hurridly when we got ready to go this week end and it asked me what form I wanted and evidently what I said I wanted turned them to jibberish and I can't read any of my lists. I don't want to have to buy Word or Office....what ever I had before. What good were those disks then? I also can't retrieve my contacts lists. I use Mozilla Thunderbird. While my PC was acting up I set up Windows Live on hubby's laptop so we could get our mail, but I discovered today that it doesn't have our contacts on it. I've tried to import via "tools" on Thunderbird but it isn't working. I have the contacts on a flashdrive. The only good thing that I have done in preparation for this happening...as it seems to happen to me about every 4 years!! I use X Mark, a recommendation I am sure came from here and at least I was able to keep my "Favorites" list and Bookmarks!!
Any suggestions???? Thanks in advance~

Comments (26)