SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Cabinet refacing and adding more cabinets

IÂd like to update my master bath. ItÂs mostly the cabinets that look dated (plus I never liked them anyway). The cabinets are Formica (laminate). IÂve been thinking about getting new ones but donÂt think I want to go the whole route with new counters, sinks, faucets, etc. The counters and integral sinks are "cultured marble" that came with the house when it was built 22 years ago, but they are still in perfect condition. ItÂs just the Formica doors that look dated; we have all dark traditional furniture in the master bedroom now.

We have a large double vanity. There are 2 sinks with about 4 feet in between. Each side has a basic 2 door Formica wood-trimmed cabinet underneath and in between a big open space. I have a laundry hamper and wastebasket under there, just a waste of space. The "cultured marble" vanity top spans the whole length. There is a Formica apron (if thatÂs the right word) bridging the space between the 2 vanities.

The cabinets are structurally sound. Can you reface Formica with wood? ItÂs a frame less style, but you still see the laminate on lots of places besides the door fronts. If I opted for cabinet refacing, is there any way I could fill in that big space? I would love to have some drawers, or at least more cabinets. Would I have to buy a cabinet frame and have that faced with the new wood, or can you order matching pieces? Thanks!

Comment (1)